To put it simply, our use of personally identifying information is private and spam free.
- We don’t share our database with anyone
- You can opt out at any time
What Personal Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
Our primary use of personal information is to enable us to communicate with our supporters via email. So we collect your name and your email address. This is personally identifying information.
- We collect this information via paper signup forms and online at our website via web forms.
- We do not share, sell or trade this information with any other person, organization or company.
- If we’re compelled by law to disclose information to a government agency, we will comply with the law and do so.
- At times, users of our websites leave information in cookies. This information is anonymous. We use it to measure and analyze traffic at our websites via services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand more about our website visitors in the aggregate, not individually. If you do not wish to leave cookies while visiting our website, you’ll need to either turn off the collection and creation of cookies in your web browser or not visit our website – current technology does not enable us to do that for you.
- Our email communication consists of occasional messages to our supporters. Currently (March 2017) we send out three or four messages per month.
- Every message we send contains a link to an opt-out or unsubscribe page which enables a person to indicate they don’t want to receive communications from us in the future.
Anyone whose information is in our database can opt out of receiving communications from us. We retain enough information (name and email address) to enable us to never send communications to someone who’s chosen to opt out.
If you want us to remove your information from the database completely you may do so by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to Webmaster, City Action Corps, 980 Northampton Street, Buffalo NY 14211.
Questions or Requests
If you have any questions or requests regarding privacy or the use of personal information you may send us an email at email@example.com or by postal mail to Webmaster, City Action Corps, 980 Northampton Street, Buffalo NY 14211.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are 13 years old or older.
Updated March 1, 2017.