We’re a social enterprise
- We’ve been operating a small group of not-for-profit and for-profit social enterprises since 2007
- We continue the neighborhood-based and community-focused work we started in 2007 (go here for a brief history)
- We acquire & sell reclaimed & surplus materials.
- We provide consultation services in the areas of demolition, reclamation, recycling and reuse
- We create living wage jobs in Buffalo
- We grow & encourage economic development based on the reclaiming and reuse of materials otherwise “thrown away” in the landfill
- We nurture job-readiness and job training programs in an area of extremely high unemployment, using paid, productive work to train and support younger people ages 17 to 30
- We provide quality building materials and other reused items at a fair price to homeowners, landlords, contractors, developers, artists and craftsmen
We operate a retail store, open to the public
- Located in the City of Buffalo at 980 Northampton Street, near Genesee
- www.reuseaction.com 716-894-3366
- Open Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4pm
- We take up two-thirds of a ca. 1922 factory building
- The building is called “The Guild @980”
- Located across the street from the Milk-Bone plant, America’s largest dog snack bakery, on Buffalo’s Historic Belt Line Railroad
- 30,000 square feet of indoor store and a big yard for outdoor materials.
- The third floor is being rented out to small businesses and individuals doing woodworking, metalworking, upcycling, sculpture, painting, ceramics, photography, product development and office work.
We provide comprehensive services
- We sell reclaimed & factory-second rigid foam insulation (PIC, EPS, XPS), lumber, barn wood, flooring and siding
- We sell house parts new and old – doors, windows, tubs & sinks, lighting, trim, flooring
- We sell art and antiques in our gallery space, unusual items, art materials, decor
- We also consult in the areas of reclamation, recycling & reuse.
- We have thousands of both old and like-new doors, factory returns and surplus
- We have a yard full of barn wood – hand-hewn and sawn beams, joists, siding and flooring.
- We have lots of foam insulation, reclaimed and surplus/factory second
- We have a growing inventory of old house parts
- We make and sell flooring, trim and molding, furniture and other value-added products, from our stock of reclaimed wood and from new wood
- Most “old house” and surplus items are priced at 35% to 65% of the prevailing local retail price for similar new products